Singapore Airlines is one of the trusted and admired airlines offering a great elasticity to modify, refund or even cancel a flight ticket to their customers. There can be situations when passengers tend to cancel their pre-booked flight tickets for some reason and sometimes to apply for ticket refunds take forever which is very upsetting and frustrating. However, making Singapore Airlines bookings will not only provide you exciting offers on flight tickets but also ease the process of ticket cancellations and refunds.
Ticket cancellations and refunds policy of Singapore Airlines
- Passengers can cancel their flight tickets online and get a full refund only if the tickets are bought online through the airline’s official website. To cancel your flight tickets, enter your flight booking reference in the ‘Manage Booking’ section on the website and click on the ‘Cancel Booking’ button on the page.
- If you have bought your flight tickets from the travel agency, you can’t cancel the ticket online but you have to contact the agency for further process directly.
- In case you have bought a non-refundable ticket, only the taxes will be refunded to the original mode of payment. You may be charged with a cancellation or refund fee depending on the fare difference if tickets are not canceled on time.
- If you have purchased the flight ticket to and from the USA, you can cancel the flight within 24 hours of the original purchase without paying an additional fee.
- Passengers can opt for a refund without paying cancellation fees but have to pay credit card service fees and the booking fees.
- The refund depends on the class of travel, destination, and days before the departure flights.
- Within 24 hours of flight ticket cancellations, you will get the refund within one or three weeks depending on the mode of payment.
- Once you have applied for ticket refunds, you will not be eligible for flight credits or bonus flight credits.
- In case you have made Singapore airlines booking with advance payments for seats, holiday packages, and excess baggage, the refunded amount will be credited to the original mode of payment.
- Passengers who have purchased travel insurance with Singapore Airlines, feel free to get in touch with AIG for ticket cancellations and refunds.
For more details related to flight cancellations and refunds, send your enquiry through the airline’s online form. You can even get in touch with the Executives present at your local Singapore Airlines office.